Little Rock Family Planning Services
- Due to the Supreme Court decision in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization, we will be suspending all abortion services at Little Rock Family Planning Services (LRFPS) while we assess the continued legality of abortion in Arkansas.
- All abortion appointments will be cancelled until further notice.
- If you received an abortion at LRFPS prior to June 24, 2022, please attend your follow up appointment as scheduled.
- You can still reach a nurse if you are a recent patient.
Little Rock Family Planning Services abortion clinic in Little Rock, Arkansas
Offering medical abortion (RU486), and surgical abortion care up to 21 weeks at Little Rock Family Planning Services.
Medical excellence, confidentiality, state of the art women’s health care provided in a Safe and Secure Setting with compassionate, non-judgmental care.
Little Rock Family Planning Services is a modern, free standing, out-patient surgical center. We provide abortion care to a wide geographical area including, Texas and Louisiana. Currently, we are the only licensed abortion clinic in the state of Arkansas.
In addition, we have a team of very experienced physicians that are all medical doctors, and are all licensed by the state of Arkansas. Tom Tvedten, MD, our Medical Director has been providing abortion care in Arkansas for over 25 years.
Our clinic building is designed to provide comfort, security, privacy and convenience for our patients and family members.
Since 1973, Little Rock Family Planning has been the clinic of choice for women, providing the highest possible standard of care. In March 1997, we moved into our new clinic, the only Arkansas facility specifically designed and built for your specialized health care needs.
- We are located in West Little Rock on a quiet, private street within easy access of all major highways.
- Also, our Clinic is located within walking distance of several hotels. Should your visit require a two-day procedure, you will be required to stay within one hour of the clinic site.
- Click here for a list of nearby hotels
- We provide ample free parking in our main entrance area.
- Metal detectors and closed circuit cameras at our main entrance are among the multiple security features to help insure the safety of our patients. Our waiting area is inviting, warm and soothing. We maintain an atmosphere that will enhance safety and relaxation.
- Our CLIA certified laboratory includes the latest in equipment for accurate and immediate testing and results. A hemoglobin is done to check for anemia and the Rh factor is checked to determine if Rhogam is needed after the procedure.
- The exam room is equipped with a modern ultrasound in order to determine exact length of the pregnancy.
- Our individual counseling rooms are comfortable and tastefully decorated.
- Our individual recovery rooms are designed for your comfort and privacy. Your recovery period is usually brief and in most cases a family member or friend may visit with you.
Why women choose LRFPS over other centers…
Abortion services provided by LRFPS include medical abortion / RU486. You must be 70 days (10 weeks) or less from your last period by ultrasound to receive a medical abortion.
- You will be required to have at least 2-3 visits.
- Your first visit will be for ultrasound, and consultation with the physician.
- The second visit you will receive your medications for the medication abortion.
- Follow-up is required and options can be discussed to meet your individual needs.
Little Rock Family Planning Services provides abortions as soon as the pregnancy test is positive. We are leaders in the field in achieving early surgical terminations. We do not require patients wait until they are 5 or 6 weeks pregnant.
We also offer pregnancy terminations through 21 weeks menstrual age (19 weeks after conception) Our physicians are very experienced in providing abortion care.
Clinics and hospitals from throughout the state of Arkansas and other states refer patients to us because of our reputation for high quality excellent care. We are licensed and inspected by the Arkansas Department of Health annually.
Little Rock Family Planning Services is a member of the National Abortion Federation. We are inspected to ensure we also meet or exceed Clinical Policy Guidelines established by the National Abortion Federation.
Learn here about Fake Clinics – Crisis Pregnancy Centers