Equality Health Center
- Abortion Pill up to 10 weeks
- Procedure Abortion up to 15.6 weeks
- Financial Assistance / Some Insurance Accepted
- City: Concord
- Street: 38 S Main Street
- State: New Hampshire Abortion Clinics
- Zip Code: 03301
- Website: https://www.equalityhc.org/
Equality Health Center abortion clinic in Concord, New Hampshire
At Equality Health Center, our mission is to advance health by empowering our clients and communities through advocacy, education, outreach, and the provision of quality, non-judgmental healthcare with expertise in sexual, reproductive, and gender-affirming services.
- We are a client-centered, not-for-profit, independent healthcare facility.
- We provide quality, evidence-based healthcare.
- We value the equality of all regardless of age, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, body size, socio-economic status, or immigration status.
- We respect the dignity of all individuals and act with compassion.
- We remain committed to reproductive freedom and social justice.
- We are committed to providing difficult to access healthcare, with expertise in abortion and LGBTQ care.
- We strive to create and maintain a physically and emotionally safe, confidential, and inclusive environment.
- We provide medically accurate, comprehensive and respectful client and community education.
- We actively seek collaborations within our community to accomplish shared goals.
- We are committed to the training of future healthcare providers.
- We continue to champion the feminist model of healthcare, which promotes self-determination and equality for all people.
Who we are, what we do and the way we do it, is a story that goes back to 1973 and the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision legalizing abortion.
After the 1973 Roe v. Wade decision, activists throughout the country celebrated the end of illegal, unsafe abortion and the suffering and death it had caused for decades. But the Supreme Court’s decision was only the beginning: making abortion legal didn’t make it immediately available or affordable. At that time in New Hampshire, abortions were expensive and performed mainly in hospitals, and people were given little information and virtually no emotional support.
Soon a group of feminist in Concord began meeting to figure out how to address the needs of New Hampshire citizens for accessible, affordable abortion services. Their vision – a radical one for the time – was of a non-profit, freestanding clinic where abortion care would be nurturing, compassionate, empowering, and respectful of the dignity of every person. This vision was realized on October 19, 1974 when New Hampshire Women’s Health Services – later to be renamed Concord Feminist Health Center – opened its doors at 38 South Main Street in downtown Concord.
Over the 4 decades since we opened, our services expanded to include a wider range of reproductive health care. We also expanded the clients we serve to all people who need reproductive health care. In order to better reflect the organization’s broader healthcare commitment and give the public better insight to the recent expansion of services to men and the LGBTQ community, it was important to find a name that was inclusive and one that all of our patients would resonate with. In 2016, we proudly changed our name to Equality Health Center.
Our goal is continue to provide the highest quality of treatment to our community far
Equality Health Center offers the Highest Quality and Affordable Abortion Care available. We also offer more pain management options, at no additional cost, than any other New Hampshire clinic.
We provide surgical abortions up to 15.6 weeks into a pregnancy, as measured from the first day of the last normal period and confirmed by ultrasound. Medical abortion is available to those who are up to ten weeks into their pregnancies.
All women of reproductive age are faced with decisions regarding whether or when to bear a child. We trust each person to make the choice that is best for them and their unique situation. Our role is to be supportive, respectful and caring.
Since January 1, 2012, if you are 17 years old or younger at the time of your abortion appointment, the New Hampshire Parental Notification Law applies to you. Even if you live in another state, whether or not your home state has such a law, you must comply with the New Hampshire Law. This law requires that one parent or legal guardian, chosen by you, be notified that you are choosing to have an abortion. They do not have to agree with your decision but they have to be notified of your intent. If you don’t think you can tell them, you have the option to go to court and ask a judge to excuse you from this requirement.
Confidentiality is a concern for many. We understand this concern and protect the privacy of all our patients. Please see our Notice of Privacy Practices.
Learn here about Fake Clinics – Crisis Pregnancy Centers – https://www.abortionclinics.com/crisis-pregnancy-centers/