Early in pregnancy an abortion may be performed using a manual aspiration device. This procedure is done in early pregnancies, and is a simple, natural, and gentle method to end the pregnancy. This procedure is similar to the suction aspiration procedure used in abortions up to 12-13 weeks. The gentle aspiration (or Manual Vacuum Aspiration) system consists of thin flexible tubing, but instead of using a machine to create suction, the suction is created silently by a handheld instrument. The flexible tubing is much smaller than those used in later pregnancies. The procedure usually takes less than 5 or 6 minutes to complete.
Gentle aspiration may be performed in a medical office using local anesthesia. There is no scraping or cutting and bleeding is usually minimal. Typically, you can quickly return to your daily activities.
You probably have many questions regarding a first trimester abortion. This information is designed to answer many of those questions. Please read the information carefully and if you have questions feel free to call our office at 1-800-370-0049.
When you come to our office for a first trimester procedure, we will try to make your stay with us as comfortable and as brief as possible. You can expect to be in our office for 2-3 hours.
Prior to coming to the office we will explain to you the pre-operative instructions.
During your visit you will:
- Complete a self medical history and sign consent forms.
- Leave a urine sample for a pregnancy test.
- Meet with an intake counselor to discuss medical history forms and payment options.
- Have a simple blood test by finger stick.
- Meet with a patient educator who will discuss; the procedure, possible complications, necessary aftercare (Post Operative Instructions) and birth control options.
- See the doctor for an examination and the abortion procedure.
- Be observed for a brief recovery period with the recovery area staff.
Learn here about Fake Clinics – Crisis Pregnancy Centers – https://www.abortionclinics.com/crisis-pregnancy-centers/