Spotlight: Alabama Women’s Center for Reproductive Alternatives Huntsville AL
Scheduling an Appointment
The State of Alabama passed “The Women’s Right Know” Act which requires women seeking an abortion to receive certain information compiled by the State at least 48 hours before completing their procedure. You can receive this information by registered mail or in person. Please read through the Did You Know and the Alabama Resource Directory for Women, Children and Families. If received by mail, these materials will be presented to you again in person when you come into our facility in order to be in compliance with the 48-hour waiting period. Please note, if you completed your initial counseling at another clinic in Alabama, we may be able to accept that paperwork. Once you have received these materials you may contact our office to schedule an appointment.
What You Can Expect & Need to Bring
- Valid Picture ID (drivers license, military ID, passport, non-drivers ID).
- Minors under the age of 18 need parent with I.D. and a certified copy of patient’s birth certificate or judicial waiver.
- Payment (cash, certified check, money order, credit card). Please note that credit cards will have a 7% surcharge added.
- If receiving IV narcotics for pain control, a driver must be present and remain on premises during appointment.
- Paperwork, counseling, lab work and ultrasound will be completed.
- No children are allowed.
- Limit your guest to a maximum of two people due to limited seating.
- You may eat a light meal prior to your procedure. Nothing heavy or greasy eat light.
- Please wear comfortable clothing and underwear.
Spotlight: Alabama Women’s Center for Reproductive Alternatives –not listed with ACOL anymore.
Learn about real clinics versus fake abortion clinics
Learn about NAF